1. Amazeballs was added to the dictionary.
As were these gems: mwahahaha, ridic, lolz, guilty pleasure, and dirty martini.
2. Tina Fey and Amy Polher hosted the Golden Globes.
3. Ryan Gosling referred to his muscles as pets:
“After a while they’re like pets because they don’t do anything useful. But you have to feed them and take care of them otherwise they’ll go away. I feel a bit goofy having them, to tell you the truth.” –Herald Sun
4. A high school teacher left an encouraging, and heart-warming message on a student’s coming out essay:
5. A group of men protested the the idea that “women who dress immodestly invite rape.”
6. These kittens discovered a cereal box.
7. The Huffington Post put together a montage of men freaking out over dogs they love (warning–this will reduce you to a pile of goop on the floor).
Here’s a teaser:
8. Trey Parker, and Matt Stone, creators of South Park and The Book of Mormon, will be starting their own production company.
9. 21-month old, Owen Kopinski of Addison, Illinois, proved he might be a golf prodigee:
10. A 7-year-old boy reunited a man with his sister after being apart for 65 years.
11. And these dogs rushed a live soccer game, proving that not all streaking is awkward and pasty.